Sunday 31 May 2009

Geocaching Fun!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Geocaching is a wonderful way of exploring various cities. Geocaching in London allowed me to visit places that I probably would not have visited on my own. I have really enjoyed geocaching, despite how frustrating some of the multi-cache finals were, I had a lot of fun. Finding physical caches were a bit difficult and require a lot of stealth. An example of a great geocaching adventure, was the Greenwich geocache. It took us to the Royal Observatory where I learned that Prime Meridian is not where the Prime Meridian is labeled. This geocache took us to the real location, just few hundred feet away. It was nice to geocache because it takes you everywhere, and many of the geocaches that we did as a class teaches you a lot about the history of London. An example of a geocache that had some history to it was the geocache about the Roman Wall which led us to several parts of the Roman wall that still exist. Geocaching is not just about finding, you can also place geocaches, which I find is a lot more complicated. Our class geocache was a lot of fun, but gathering all the information needed to create the cache is very time consuming and requires some innovative thinking. I am glad to have learned of geocaching, it is great thing to do while traveling, and I hope to continue geocaching as I travel the world in my future travels.

1 comment: